Start Date: May 8, 2014
End Date: October 15, 2014
Remuneration: Starting at $11.25/hr + $1/hr Bonus for completion of contract
Accommodation provided: Individual room at $300/m, includes heat, hot water, TV, Internet, shared washroom.
What you need to bring: All furniture, furnishings, including plates, dishes, etc are here for you. Just bring your clothing and personal items!
Best way to apply! Send your resume with 3 references directly to: Matthew Corlett, email@example.com. Then fill in our online questionnaire, and finally book a phone appointment with Matt.
A Lifestyle Opportunity and an Incredible Adventure!
Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge is one of Jasper National Park’s highest ranked hotels on TripAdvisor. Working with us is fun, dynamic, and an excellent opportunity for you to up-level and upgrade your experience and yours skills. Not only that, you will make friends that will last a lifetime.
Working at Sunwapta is an amazing lifestyle opportunity. Located 53km outside of the town of Jasper on one of the world’s most scenic drives, we all live, work, and socialize together here in the heart of pristine Canadian wilderness. Surrounded by mountains, forests, lakes, and within ear shot of the incredible Sunwapta Falls, we’re only open from May to October with the first staff arriving as early as May 1. There’s much more to learn, so spend some time now to get acquainted!
This position is only available to candidates who are legally able to work in Canada.
While there is some flexibility in start dates, this position’s contract has a firm end date of Oct 15, 2013. We’re sorry but if you are a student planning to return to school in the fall or if you are not able to complete the term of this contract, we are unable to consider your application.
The position of Night Auditor falls operates under the hotel’s front desk. The position will learn all of the lodge’s front desk operations and award winning service techniques. However, the position is primarily responsible for nightly reconciliation of all transactions of the Lodge. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, the Resident and Resort Manager, and General Manager, the position is responsible for providing all department heads with daily reports that help each run their department. The auditor conducts all night procedures including security duties. This role requires you to work without supervision and to have a fundamental understanding of balancing payments to debts, problem solving, and computer program operations.
Specific Accountabilities / Know How:
• Knowledge of reservation system operations
• Reservation taking and bookings
• Check-ins and outs
• Promptly answer phones with friendliness and courteously
• Reconciliation of all non-cash envelopes for all depts.
• Reconciliation of US exchange – All Depts.
• Adjustments to all over rings, over/short, refunds
• Cross referencing of all till tapes
• Procedures for time cards and labour reports
• Procedures for all category reports
• Procedures for preparing of CC deposits
• Procedures for all company charges and tour operator charges
• Procedures for all black book entries
• Internal Audit for all entries made.
• Confirmation of all maintenance, cabin and maid reports
• Procedures for posting invoices, tour charges, bank deposits, & charge cards
• Notifying supervisors of all discrepancies
• The operation and closing procedures of all trans select machine
• Insure all back-ups are complete
• Ensuring Main Lodge is secured and locked down and empty of employees
• Monitoring any evening cleaning staff
• Timely lodge perimeter security checks
• Handling customer complaints, request or concerns smoothly
• Monitoring staff accommodation
• Execution of all guest rooms wake up call requests
• Dealing with customers and guests with a friendly and courteous manner
• Good communications with ending and starting shift personnel
• Respectful relations with all other resort staff
• Excellent presentation
• Exceptional English communication skills in both verbal and written form
• Additional language(s) an asset
• Good familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook necessary
• Familiarity with contemporary hotel practices an asset.
• Ability to work alone or in groups
• Physically able to maintain an 8 hour shift of sitting, standing and walking
We appreciate all applications and review each and every one. We thank you for taking the time to learn about us prior to your submitting your serious, targeted application.
Our start and end dates can be flexible. If you plan on returning to university or college for the fall semester, please indicate so in your cover letter.
Send your resume along with 3 references today! For the fastest consideration of your application, send your resume directly to: Matthew Corlett, firstname.lastname@example.org. Then fill in our online questionnaire, and finally book a phone appointment with Matt.
Don’t miss out on your life-changing Rockies Experience!!
We provide great training, subsidized accommodation and an atmosphere you are unlikely to encounter any where else in the world. We’d like to hear more about your today for all of our positions.
* Front Desk Agents
* Retail Sales People
* Restaurant Staff including Evening Dining Servers
* Maintenance and Groundskeeping
Forward your resume TODAY
or fax 780-852-5353